The following conditions describe our policies and procedures and clarify the contractual relationship between you and the Owner of the property.
For any advice about our booking conditions please email us or call 00 44 (0) 7796 263309
1.1 Rogla Lodge is the trading name of the property whose address is Skomarje 16, 3214 Zreče, Slovenia. The property is owned by Antony William Holliday residing at Mansion Cottage, 18 Main Street, Greysouthen, Cockermouth, Cumbria, United Kingdom CA13 0UG.
1.2 Parties are referred to as 'Guest’ and ‘Owner’ or ‘Agent’ in respect to rental of the property.
1.3 Rental arrangements are made by the Owner or Agent on behalf of the Owner and the contractual relationship is directly between the Owner and the Guest.
2. Rental and arrival/departure
2.1 Rentals are for a maximum of 4 weeks and commence at 15:00 on the first day of the rental period and end at 10:00 on the day of departure unless otherwise notified. This period is hereafter referred to as the 'Holiday’ period.
2.2 The Holiday period booked will be stated on the Booking Confirmation provided to the Guest when they book and cannot be exceeded without written approval from the Owner or his Agent. The Guest shall be liable for any costs incurred due to an unauthorised extension.
3.1 A deposit of 30% is payable at time of booking.
3.2 A futher deposit of 40% is payable at 60 days before the Holiday start date.
3.3 If a booking is made between 60 days and 14 days before the Holiday start date, the deposit is 70% and this is payable at time of booking.
3.4 If a booking is made 14 days or less before the Holiday start date, the full rent plus any additional charges must be paid at time of booking.
3.5 Receipt of deposit constitutes acceptance of all current booking conditions.
3.6 Non-payment of any deposit by deposit Due Dates may be treated as a cancellation, in which case the Guest will lose their booking and any deposits received will be forfeit.
3a. Security Deposit
3a.1 A security deposit of €200.00 is required on booking.
3a.2 This security deposit is to cover any costs to the owner for damage or breakages and for extra cleaning required after a stay.
3a.3 The amount of security deposit to be fully or partially refunded is at the sole descression of the Owner following cleaning and inspection of the property and contents after your stay.
4. Balance Payment
4.1 Unless otherwise agreed by the Owner, the price for the Holiday shall be the rent for the property as detailed on the Rogla Lodge website at time of booking.
4.2 Payment of the balance payment plus any optional charges will be due 14 days before the start of the Holiday ('Due Date’).
4.3 Non-payment of the balance by the Due Date may be treated as a cancellation.
4.4 If payment is not received by the Due Date, then the Guest will lose their booking and the deposit will be forfeit.
4.5 The Owner shall not be responsible for sending reminders of the Due Date.
5. Tourist Tax
A Tourist Tax is payable by all guests staying in Slovenia as follows:-
Daily rate 2016: Adult - €1.27 / Child aged 7-18 years - €0.64 / Child under 7 years - free
The Tourist Tax must be paid to our Housekeeper on arrival at Rogla Lodge.
6. Changing a booking
The dates of the Holiday may be changed 29 days or more from the start date, providing the property is available for the new dates and the Owner accepts the change. In this case, a Re-booking Fee of €25.00 shall be added to the guest’s balance payment.
The guest will be charged 30% of the total price if they cancel after reservation and a further 40% of the total price if they cancel in the 60 days before arrival
8. Optional Extras
Any optional extras shall be detailed on the Rogla Lodge website and will be chargeable at the rates shown.
9. Price changes
The Owner reserves the right to amend prices quoted on the Rogla Lodge website due to errors or omissions but such changes shall be notified to the Guest as soon as possible and the Guest shall be able to cancel the booking if the amended price is significantly higher than the original price quoted.
10. Method of payment
Payments must be made by bank transfer or credit / debit card using the secure payment gateway on our website.
11. Overseas bookings
Overseas guests must pay the Owner by bank transfer or credit / debit card. Any charges for payments from overseas bank transfer will be passed on to the Guest.
Bookings will not be accepted from groups of three or more single people under the age of 21.
13. The holiday
The Guest has the right to occupy the property for holiday purposes only.
14. Guest obligations
The Guest agrees to the following conditions:-
- To pay for any losses or damages to the property and contents caused by the Guest or a member of their party (reasonable wear and tear excluded). If it is proven that damage is directly attributable to the Guest then the Owner has the right to reclaim any costs incurred. All damage should be reported immediately so issues can be resolved before the arrival of the next guests.
- To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the Holiday. A cleaning service is not provided during the Holiday unless otherwise specified. Should the Owner be dissatisfied with the condition of the property upon the Guest's departure, they may refuse to take a repeat booking.
- To permit the Owner or his designated representative reasonable access to the property.
- Not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party detailed at time of booking.
- Not to sell or transfer the booking to another party without prior agreement from the Owner.
- Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description.
- A cot may only be occupied by a child aged up to 24 months or less at start of the holiday.
- Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of other local premises.
- There is a no smoking policy inside the property.
15. Non-availability of property
If for any reason beyond the Owners control the property is not available on the date booked (i.e fire, water damage, etc) rendering the property unsuitable for holiday letting, all rent and charges paid in advance by the Guest will be refunded.
17.1 The Owner shall not be liable for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising from or in any way connected with the rental unless the Owner accepts responsibility. In addition, the Owner accepts no liability for loss of or damage to the Guest's possessions on the Owners property or land.
17.2Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of the Owner:-
1. For death or personal injury caused by the Owners negligence.
2. For any matter where it would be illegal for the Owner to exclude or attempt to exclude liability.
17. Website information
If the Owner is aware of any material changes to the Website at the time of the Guest's booking, then he shall endeavour to inform the Guest of these changes.
19.1 All complaints must be notified as soon as reasonably practicable as the Owner may be required to take remedial action. Guests have a legal obligation to mitigate their loss.
19.2 If the Owner is denied the opportunity to investigate the complaint within a reasonable time or denied the chance to rectify matters during the Holiday the guest will waive all rights.
Pets are not permitted at the property.
Any discrepancies in the inventory must be reported to the Owner or Agent within 24 hours of arrival otherwise the inventory will be deemed to be correct.
21. Bed linen and towels
Bed linen and towels are included and changed between bookings.
22. Lost keys
Guests are advised there is a €30.00 replacement charge for any lost keys for the property.
23. Breach of contract
24.1 If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Guest or any of their party, the Owner reserves the right to re-enter the property and terminate the Holiday and ask the Guest and their party to vacate the property.
24.2 If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Owner or Agent, then the Guests have the right to terminate the Holiday and vacate the property.
24.3 Ending the Holiday by either the Owner, Agent or the Guest does not affect that party's other rights and remedies.
24. Governing law
Any dispute arising from your booking shall be determined by the jurisdiction of the court of England and Wales.
The person who makes the deposit payment certifies that:-
- 1. He or she is authorised to agree the Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons detailed at time of booking including those substituted or added at a later date.
- 2. The signatory is over eighteen years of age.
- 3. The person making the booking agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property.
Arriving & departing
Rogla Lodge is available from 15:00 on the day of arrival.
On your departure day, you are required to leave the property by 10.00. This is to allow the cleaner sufficient time to prepare the property for the next arrivals. When you arrive, look out for the Information Folder and please read it carefully. It contains all the information you’ll need for an enjoyable and safe stay. If you have any additional questions, please use the contact numbers provided in the Information Folder.
Gardens & parking
Rogla Lodge is located in private grounds and has parking for 2 cars. Whilst we believe the property offers a safe environment for persons and property, vehicles are parked on the premises entirely at the owner’s risk. We ask guest to take care whilst parking to avoid unnecessary damage to grass, flower tubs and perimeter logs at bottom of driveway. In the event of unnecessary damages we reserve the right to charge the guest for all incurred costs for reinstatement of gardens and/or driveway to a satisfactory condition.
The property is cleaned between rental periods. There is no extra charge for cleaning, unless extra, heavy cleaning is required after you leave, or you do not leave the property and its contents in a fair and reasonable condition.
You must confirm the number of people who will be staying at the property at time of booking. The maximum number is 4 persons.
TV / Internet / Entertainment
We have internet TV, CD and DVD player in the lounge. There is also Wi-Fi internet and computer in the double bedroom.
There is also WiFi, and a desktop computer in the double bedroom.
We have a Celestron Nexstar 130 SLT computerised telescope for those interested in astronomy. However, only competent adults may use the telescope and never attempt to view the sun without proper filtering. The telescope may only be used on the front or rear patio and instruction manual and accessories are in the desk drawer in the double bedroom. Please ensure the telescope is brought indoors in the event of adverse weather and do not leave it outside overnight.
Fuel and water
The cost of electricity, gas, heating, wood fuel and water is included in the property rental rates.
Cooking / Wood burner
The property has a three ring gas / one ring electric hob, electric oven and wood burner - please ensure the hob and oven is turned off after use and the wood burner is left in a safe condition. We also ask that all appliances are left in clean condition ready for the next guests.
For your enjoyment we have an outdoor sauna fuelled by wood burning heater. Wood is readily available from the wood store adjacent the side patio. Please use the smaller beech logs and allow around 45 mins to 1 hour for the boiler to reach satisfactory operating temperature. There is a thermometer inside the sauna and we advise guests to ensure they do not remain in the sauna for prolonged periods or if the temperature has become uncomfortable. Children must not be allowed to use the sauna unless accompanied by an adult at all times.
Protecting your environment
You can help by respecting the area you visit and remember the following points:-
- Don’t accumulate or deposit litter
- Don’t waste energy and water
- Recycle your waste and deposit at the facility in Zrece
- Safeguard against fire - house and forest
- Respect the rights of adjacent property owners
- Protect local wildlife, flora and fauna
- Be considerate to surrounding properties with regards to noise levels
We take your well-being seriously and Rogla Lodge is well maintained for your comfort and safety. If you have any concerns about the safety of your property please contact us immediately. However, do remember that when you stay in unfamiliar surroundings you must take special care of yourself and your family.
- On arrival, familiarise yourself with the layout of the property so that in an emergency you can get out quickly and easily. It is important that you take special care when moving around the property and/or its outside perimeters, especially at night. Please take care to familiarise yourself with the location of light switches.
- Make sure the property is secure at night and when you leave it unattended. Do not leave the lounge fire on when you go out or go to bed and make sure you have switched off cooking and any other appliances.
- Take extra care when using the garden and any pathways or decking if it is wet, icy or snowing.
- Check the location of fire extinguishers and fire blanket, and read the instructions on their use.
- Your holiday property is fitted with smoke alarms; never remove the batteries as the primary job of the smoke alarm is to protect you from fires while you are asleep.
- If the cot or highchair is damaged or deficient please contact us immediately.
- If you are unsure how to use any electrical appliances please contact us immediately.
- Look out for glass patio doors or glazed interior doors.
- Children MUST be supervised at all times.
- Look for any steep drops or steps in the garden, and if there are garden sheds or outbuildings; ensure that children or anyone at risk cannot get into them.
- All outdoor activities during your holiday are undertaken at your own risk.
The Owner works very hard to ensure you will have an enjoyable stay at Rogla Lodge. However, in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with your accommodation, then it is very important that you register this immediately and do not wait until you return home, when the chance of actively helping you has gone. Even if you think it would be difficult to improve your situation you must report any complaints during your stay so the Owner can address any issue and take appropriate action where required.